Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mekor Chochma Siddur


The number of Breslov seforim available today in both Hebrew and English is astounding.  I personally have a taiva to purchase Breslov seforim of all sorts - especially editions of Likutei Moharan that include various peirushim.  One particular sefer that I am extremely fond of is the Mekor Chochma siddur.  This siddur was compiled and published by Reb Shmuel Heshil Friedman, a talmid of Reb Avraham Sternhartz in Tel Aviv in 1924.  

A number of people I know including myself have wondered if there is any "Breslov Chitas" available.  This siddur is definitely it.  The siddur is divided into three volumes: weekday, Shabbos and Yom Tov, and the topic of Kedushas Eretz Yisrael.  Each volume is accompanied by all pertinent halachos from the "Derech Hachayim" and extensive excerpts from the whole corpus of Breslov serforim.  I highly recommend this siddur to anyone and everyone.  Literally every Shabbos someone asks to flip through the siddur and always appears very impressed with what they find.  I can also add that personally, any relevant passages placed beside the tefillot are very helpful in aiding with on-the-spot comprehension of what I am saying during davening.

The siddur can be purchased from Rabbi Rosen at his online seforim store, EverythingBreslov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment