Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Idea. What do you think?

It has been quite some time since I last posted any translations or musings.  This is what happens when life gets in the way.  I would like to return to posting regularly.

Although there aren't many who frequent this site, I have been told by a handful of individuals that they enjoy the relevance of the excerpts I select to translate as well as some of my immediate thoughts.
While there are many brief passages in Likutei Halachos that are inspiring on their own, it is sometimes very insufficient to translate one small passage.  Every statement in the sefer relies on previous and upcoming statements, and translating a tiny fragment of a Halacha leaves much to be desired.  Yet, translating all the Halachos for a given topic is not so simple due to background that should be elaborated, and unfortunately I do not have time to do it.  Maybe someone else would be interested to translate entire Halachos and post on this blog?   In general, it would be great if other people would post on this blog.  I'm open to any postings that are relevant to Sifrei Breslov.  The blog has a lot of potential.

I have decided that in the meantime I would be much more capable of translating sections of Kitzur Likutei Halachos, which is essentially Otzar HaYirah arranged according to the order of the Likutei Halachos and the Shulchan Aruch.  Otzar HaYirah was written by R. Nachman of Tcherin, a talmid of Reb Nosson.
I would love to know what people think about this.

כל טוב וחג פסח כשר ושמח

No comments:

Post a Comment